Manganese 11-14% Steel Plate
200 BHN work hardens to 550 BHN
Our high Manganese Steel Plate is an 11 – 14% Mn steel that performs best in extreme impact applications. Under shock and impact, it nearly triples its initial surface hardness while retaining its interior toughness and acquires a high polish.
Our Manganese Steel Plate
Mangalloy steel is non-magnetic and abrasion-resistant. We offer in-house services for our Mangalloy steel plates, but we recommend the following processes to our customers when purchasing our Manganese Steel Plate:
- Cutting: We recommend using plasma or laser, but can also be flame cut with oxygen-acetylene, and water jet
- Forming: Cold bending and cold roll forming can be performed.
- Machining: Due to Mangalloy’s work hardening feature, special tooling such as carbide tipped or high-speed cobalt tools is recommended.
- Welding: When welding Mangalloy to other manganese, use Mn welding rod such as McKay Hardalloy 118. When welding Mangalloy to a dissimilar metal use 308, 309, or 310 stainless steel coated electrodes. Preheating of Mangalloy is not advised.
With years of experience as a Mangalloy manganese steel plate distributor, Ford Steel understands which Mn wear plate product is right for your application, including:
- Crusher Liners
- Crusher Hammers
- Crusher Breaker Plates
- Grizzly Bars
- Truck Bed Liners
- Bucket teeth
- Jaw Plates
- Rock Screens
- Various Step Lips
- Perforated Plates
- Shot Blast Equipment Liners
- Abrasive, Non-Magnetic Applications
- Magnetic Drum Liners
- RR Bolster Plates Stock Tubes
- Stone Chutes
- Chain Conveyor
- Wear Patches
- Hardness: 200 BHN (before work hardening), 550 BHN (after work hardening)
- Tensile Strength: 145,000 PSI
- Yield Strength: 55,000 PSI
- Carbon: 1.13
- Manganese: 13.00
- Sulphur: 0.003
- Phosphorus: 0.017
- Silicon: 0.38
- Widths: 48", 60", 72", 96"
- Lengths: 120", 144", 240"
Manganese Steel Plate Processing
Wearalloy 400, 450, and 500 can be machined or drilled with high speed carbide tools at low speeds.
For welding Wearalloy plate, we recommend that low hydrogen electrodes be used; such as E-70XX, E-80XX, E-90XX, E-100XX, and E-110XX.